Welcome to Wender and Roberts Pharmacy Online!
beauty and gift needs.
"Service is still in style" here; since 1918!
Everywhere you turn, there is news about what is or isn’t good for you. Some basic principles have weathered the fad diets and have stood the test of time, says the American Diabetes Association. Here are their tips for making healthful food choices:
- Eat a wide variety of vegetables and fruits.
- Choose whole-grain foods over processed grain products. Try brown rice with your stir fry or whole-wheat spaghetti.
- Include dried beans (like kidney or pinto beans) and lentils in your meals.
- Include fish in your meals two to three times per week.
- Choose lean meats such as cuts of beef and pork that end in “loin” (pork loin, sirloin, etc.) Remove the skin from chicken and turkey.
- Choose non-fat dairy items such as skim milk, non-fat yogurt and non-fat cheese.
- Choose liquid oils, such as canola oil or olive oil, for cooking instead of solid fats that can be high in saturated and trans fats.