Whether or not you got your flu shot last fall (and we hope you did!), you’ll still want to practice good health habits to help you avoid catching — or sharing — viruses this Spring. Here are some tips from Duke University Medical Center and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, throw the tissue in the trash after use and wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand cleaner. If a tissue if not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than on your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, where germs can easily enter the body.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who appear to be ill. (Sometimes easier said than done, we know.)
- If you get sick, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.