Taste the sweetness of pure, raw honey from right here in Georgia! All Wender & Roberts Pharmacy locations sell Wally Bee’s Honey from nearby Newnan, Georgia. Their local bees produce the best honey in town!
Beginning the first of April until the end of June, honeybees work many different varieties of flowers. This is the main flowering season for the forest plants and trees. Honeybees will forage 2-3 miles from their hive to collect a mixture of nectars from tulip poplar, blackberry, basswood, black locust, maple, wild blueberries, and hundreds of other flowers. No pesticides or harsh chemicals are used as Castle Rock Honey strives to “Save the World, One Bee at a Time.”
Why is honey good for you? Reported benefits include:
- Honey helps reduce chest disorders and coughs.
- Honey soothes sore throats.
- Honey improves chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, and sinus problems.
- Honey helps soothe allergy symptoms.
- Honey hastens the healing of wounds.
- Honey reduces inflammation.
- Honey helps soothe the skin and clears many skin disorders.
- The amino acids and vitamin C in honey speeds the growth of healthy tissue.
- Honey facilitates the digestion and assimilation of other foods.
- Every spoonful of honey is an instant energy-builder that is virtually bacteria-free and rarely spoils!
For more information on how honey may help relieve allergies visit our page Honey and Allergies.